It's easy to look at successful magazines and talk yourself out of doing one of your own.
The thing is, if you're thinking about starting a digital magazine app, it's important to understand:
Despite these magazines being in wildly different niches, they all have a few things in common:
- Magazine publishing is easier than you think
- Magazine publishing is more affordable than you think
- You're perfectly capable of being a magazine publisher
And, as publishers, they tend to have these things in common:
- Their publishers were all brand new to magazine publishing when they started.
- None had large teams to start with; most were a team of one.
- None had huge social media followings or were "influencers".
- Each saw an underserved (or unserved) market or a way to carve out one for themselves.
- All chose MagCast.
- Can recognize outstanding content in their niche
- Understand that "novice" comes before "expert"
- Participate in the MagCast Academy
- Don't try to figure it all out on their own (we're here to help!)
- Push through the Imposter Syndrome when still new
- Are eager to interact with other smart people in their niches
- A love of learning
With that perspective in mind, have a look at each of the magazines we've selected as Feature Magazines and see what similarities their stories have to you own.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, it's not just the covers that look great.
It's the right content plus their decisions to team up with the best magazine publishing platform
Here's a peek inside an issue of Wildlife Photographic Magazine
(just as impressive inside as out).